Mercy Chinyere Oseghale hails from Igbodo in Ika North East Local Govt Area of Delta State was born into the family of Late Barrister Gilbert EBOAGWU and Mrs Grace EBOAGWU on 1st January, in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
She gave her life to our Lord Jesus Christ in 1985 at the Church of God Mission Benin City during a song ministration by the Soul’s Harvester’s Choir. Where she later became the Secretary General of that choir. No wonder God gave her the grace to sing.
A year later, she got filled with the Holy Spirit that helped her to get committed into the things of God greatly.
She started her singing ministry at the age of 17 with the Soul Harvesters choir of Church of God Mission Upper Mission Branch Benin City and there she discovered the gift of God upon her life in the area of music.
“My inspiration comes from the Holy Spirit who is my Source and my willingness to lead the people of God into the place of real worship so we can gain access into His Presence to be blessed by the Author of Life Himself”.
My style of music – Africa Contemporary Gospel
- Pastor in charge of Music at World Harvest Christian Mission Int’l with various branches across Nigeria
- Co-Convener of the Annual Musical Concert ‘SHOUT’ which has been on for over 7 years now.
- STAND OUT Personality Award 2016, Ibadan Nigeria
- A one-time lead soloist with the Faith Power Bible Church Mass Choir, Lagos.
- She was also a Praise Leader of the Auchi polytechnic Corporate Worship, Edo State
- She was also one of the founding members and two-time secretary general of The Omega Promotion (A Gospel Music Club in Auchi Polytechnic Campus Auchi)
- A onetime member and lead soloist of the Gospel Echoes of NIFES Auchi Polytechnic.
- She is presently the women President of the World Harvest CMI women fellowship and the Worship Pastor of the same church in Lagos, Nigeria.
- She was ordained into the Pastoral office in 2004.
- Her ALBUMS “LORD HELP ME” was released February 2008 with 7 tracks and WARM LOVE released 2014 with 8 tracks. With these 2 albums she had the opportunity to minister in among various the Christian community in Nigeria and other part of the world. ‘Quaze’ one of the songs in the album titled ‘LORD HELP ME’ won three nominations in the 2007 Nigeria Music Video Award held in Lagos.
- The Audio CD and the Video of LORD HELP ME and WARM LOVE are on air in the following Nigeria Local station: AIT, NTA, TV Continental, Superscreen TV, Metro FM radio, Inspirational Radio, Cool FM etc.
- The 2 albums (LORD HELP ME & WARM LOVE) both by MERCY OSEGHALE are available on various online digital stores for your download like Boomplay, Sportify etc.
- She just released a single “IDINMA” in August 2020, and the full 10 tracks album will be ready before the end of the year. The single IDINMA is aimed to help us remember that even with COVID 19, GOD IS GOOD FOREVER.
- NOT A MAN is the her latest single billed to be released 26th March , Not a Man is a song of consolidation – To encourage everyone no matter what you are going through, God is not a man, He will take care of your issues once you believe through our Lord Jesus Christ. Not a Man was produced by Sammy Ibeh a South African based
- Her music ministry has taken me to various programmes, concerts and worship meeting within and outside Nigeria, like University of Ibadan, Household of God Church, Various parishes of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, The Lagos yearly family inspirational praise Jam, The Church of God Mission Headquarters in Benin, The Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria Annual Night of Friendship, Various churches in Ghana, Dubai, etc
- She has worked with various Great Producers Like Cobhams ASUQUO, Rotimi AKINFENIWA, FLO, Sammy IBEH (South Africa) Shiloh GODSON.
She is a blessing to our generation and a woman of substance who believes worshipping God is the whole duty of man upon the face of the earth.
She is married to Pastor Philip Oseghale who the Senior Pastor of World Harvest Christian Mission Int’l Church (WHCMI) and they are is blessed with two wonderful and blessed children (Steve & Sophia).