A brief history of Infinity
About fifteen years ago, within the four walls of our school, we met, drawn to each other by our passion for music. We spent most of our spare time together working on melodies and rhymes not knowing that we were being steered by the wheels of destiny.
Today, we have evolved into one of the most prominent groups on the continent of Africa; we are called INFINITY.
To become a top-notch brand in the field of entertainment, this epitomizes value, excellence, societal responsibility and relevance.
To constantly provide excellent products and services in the entertainment industry.
Style of music
Infinity’s style of music cannot be boxed into a particular genre since we write songs as inspired, ranging from R&B, Soul, Rock, Afro-Beat, Traditional folk, etc so at best our style of music can be brand as “ECLECTIC”.
THE BRAND ‘INFINITY’ (Accomplishments)
Infinity’s single “Olori Oko” which heralded their debut album of the same title, claimed the number one spot of virtually all the charts locally and also got international acclaim in a different part of the world. It also became a massive hit in terms of sales. Other hit songs in the album included “Only Praise”, “Aye Ole”… to mention a few.
In the follow-up to the “Olori Oko” hit song, Infinity released a single titled “Ife”. The song on top radio charts and held the position for an entire month. We also followed up with the songs “Sepe” and ‘Press On” which were also massive radio hits.
2008 SOUNDCITY MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS
- Best Direction
- Best Duo/Group Video
- Best Special Effects/Editing
2007 NIGERIAN MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS
- Best all-round video
- Best indigenous concept in a music video
- Best choreographed music video
- Best gospel music video
- Best edited music video
- Best directed music video
- The best cultural video award-inspirational (AFRIQUE EXOTICA in conjunction with the ministry of tourism and culture)
- The best gospel singing group of the year 2006 (TWC)
- HOGA award for their contribution to charity.
- Best duo or group and the best special effects/editing
- Best contemporary gospel album
- Best new group
Appearances and performances
INFINITY performed at the swearing-in ceremony of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan the current President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and at other notable events such as the BIG BROTHER NIGERIA EVICTION PARTY, SWEET SENSATION 10TH year anniversary, THE ANNUAL DANCE MEETS DANCE FESTIVAL; RHYTHM UNPLUGGED, MUSIC AFRICA ANNUAL CONCERT.
We have also graced the stage of the 70th birthday party of His Royal Majesty OBA Dr. ADEDAPO ADEWALE TEJUOSO CON, KANRUNWI III ORANMIYAN OSILE, OKE-ONA EGBA.
We toured the United Kingdom from 2007 into 2008 where we performed to an audience of 50million people across the globe, live and broadcast at the KICC London convention and also staging two shows of our own there.
We recently did a 12 city tour of the UK 2013/2014.
With a track record of creativity, excellence and award-winning musical productions and same value in jingle production, promotional theme songs and even performances; Infinity still remains one of the few musical groups with roots in the church and a fan base that transcends the Christian community.
CORPORATE APPEARANCES AND PERFORMANCES
INFINITY has added colour to many cooperate events of prominent organizations such as First City Monument Bank, Access Bank, Eco Bank, Nigerian Breweries, MTN, Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG), Unity Bank and others.
Infinity also got several nominations at the Hip-hop world awards, City People awards, Nigerian Entertainment Award and a host of others. We were also nominated in 5 categories at the SMVA awards, the categories include BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST DIRECTED, BEST DUO/GROUP VIDEO, BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS/EDITING & VIEWERS CHOICE. We were also nominated at the KORA AWARDS for the category of BEST ARTIST/GROUP, AFRICA.
INFINITY got her 2nd nomination at the 2013 KORA awards for the song “PRESS ON” and its creative video.
INFINITY’S 10-YEAR PLAN
To Become ICONIC LEGENDS
- By collaborating with music legends both international and local
- By creating evergreen world-class music consistently
- By creating a platform through which upcoming artists can fulfill their dreams
- By giving back to society through active involvement with charitable causes.
- To set up a production company with a recording studio, rehearsal studio and visuals
- To stage, an annual concert tagged “Cloud7” in 3 major cities
- To establish a unique clothing line inspired by our style
- To set up a skill Acquisition centre for the unemployed and Pre-University students
- To stage a competition where individuals will be selected to compose a group that will succeed infinity and bear the proposed name “Infinity Phase2”
- To create a reality show for teenagers branded “SUPER TEEN”.
- To organize tours at least once a year.
Listen and watch the video here: