Confidence doesn’t come out of anywhere. It’s a result of something… hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication. -Roger Staubach
Confidence means feeling sure of yourself and your abilities — not arrogantly, but realistically and securely.
Walking in confidence requires consistency and perseverance. There is an inmate treasure of confidence that you must enhance. This is for everyone who craves a better and greater tomorrow.
Dedication and commitment to your goals and purpose, being determined to imbibe the Spirit of confidence, help to face your fear.
If you cannot work on yourself and make your life work, then no one does that for you.
To be confident is to rise and stand for that which you believe in.
Despite the current situation in the world, embrace the virtue of self-confidence, which is a requirement for a fulfilling life.
Below are 5 major reasons you need to make your confidence work:
1. So you can win your race without intimidation: In our world today, many are living in the dungeon of intimidation and lack of acceptance, not because they are not good enough but because they feel intimidated by other people’s standards.
2. To communicate your worth without fear: Face your fear, the more you face it is better to face your fear and win than to fear from it and lose.
3. Because it eliminates low self-esteem: Self-esteem is a product of self-pity. If you think you are inferior, it is low self-esteem. Confidence helps to eliminate such a mindset.
4. Your level of confidence determines how convincing you are about your goals: I have seen a lot of individuals blessed with great ideas and meaningful insight but cannot express themselves because of a lack of self-confidence. Yours shouldn’t be like that.
Be courageous enough, and it will amaze you at how you will communicate your goals without fear.
5. Because your confidence is one of your unique selling points: People will believe what you confess only if you do it with confidence convincing. Confidence is not arrogant, it is an attitude of a winning mentality. Project yourself and never celebrate mediocrity.
Above all, confidence helps us feel ready for life’s experiences. When we’re confident, we’re more likely to move forward with people and opportunities — not back away from them. And if things don’t work out at first, confidence helps us try again.
It’s the opposite when confidence is low. People low on confidence might be less likely to try new things or reach out to new people. If they fail at something the first time, they might be less likely to try again. A lack of confidence can hold people back from reaching their full potential.
Face your fear and embrace your freedom.
YES, YOU CAN!
Author: Temitayo Abudu