Knowing where you are going is good, but understanding how to get there without distraction is the best.
……….. Temitayo Abudu………
A quest can directly be seen as a long or arduous search for something.
It is likewise an extensive search for something difficult to find or an attempt to achieve something difficult.
Therefore, the wrong quest means following the path that leads to a fruitless end.
Anyone who does not avoid the path that leads to the wrong quest will end up doing what is right at the wrong time and doing what is wrong at the right time.
Walking through the path of the wrong quest becomes eminent in the life of an individual if he/she does not have a purposeful life.
It needs to be noted that it is your purpose that will birth your mission, and out of your mission comes to vision and it is your vision that gives life the desired meaning and direction.
A life without direction will surely tour the path of the wrong quest.
And if care is not taken, you end up living the rest of your life in regret, pain, and frustration.
To have beautiful and memorable moments at the latter part of your life, and be able to make meaningful impact, it is axiomatic to avoid the path that leads to the wrong quest.
If you do what is wrong at the right time and vice versa, you must as a matter of urgency retrace your steps, find your purpose, and embark on a mission with a vision in place, as you journey through the path of greatness.
5 Ways to know you are pursuing the wrong quest
- When you follow public opinion all the time.
- By pleasing everyone all the time at your own expense.
- When you don’t believe in your own capacity and innate ability.
- When you cannot discover your talent and fully use it.
- When you cannot do what is right at the right time.
Having said these, I hope to see you choose the path of greatness and fulfill a purpose in life.
I have further highlighted below how to overcome the pressure of the wrong quest
- Discover your purpose early in life; this will help you in actualizing your dreams and becomes relevant to your world.
- Choose your friends wisely; show me your friends and I will tell you where you are heading to.
- Have a mentor in your line of purpose; ensure you have a mentor who will guide you and also provide professional advice as you walk towards the path of notable achievements.
- Understand and use the law of progression; in the school of great accomplishment, the law of progression state that, until you start small, improve daily, grow consistently and be patient with yourself, success cannot be imminent, because we all are created uniquely for a specific purpose.
- Aspire to be a solution through value creation; creating value is very important as it will help you build, positive relationship, and make you solve problems rather than being part of it.
“Learn to create value for it will give you wealth and fame but if your fame lacks values, you will become a public failure”
In conclusion, life will not give you what you deserve, life will only give to you what you constantly desired, worked for, and diligently gained through hard work.
Do not be part of those who always wait for things to happen, start walking towards the path of greatness, avoid the wrong quest, and embrace your Individual uniqueness.
Author: Temitayo Abudu